Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

And one day...

... a stranger tells you he want to fuck you while you are crossing the street.
The story goes something like this:
A random cold winter day in Vancouver. I leave the house for my regular 15 minute morning walk to work. I have my "Michael Jackson's" black and gold work runners on. Black skinny pants on. Work shirt. Warm coat. Fur scarf. Headphones on - listening to my AM playlist form 8tracks. 
I stop at the intersection, waiting to cross the street. Suddenly I notice this tall, kinda handsome guy beside me. I see his lips moving. It seems like he is talking to me. I look around to see if there is someone else behind me, or something. Nop. Nobody. I ask him politely while I start pulling out my earphone, with my "silly-what-the-fuck-morning-face": 
- Hi. Excuse me, are you talking to me? 
- Yeah. I was saying that I really like your style. You must have tons of "boyfriends"! 
At this point I kinda do the eyebrow -huh? - thing. I kindly thank him for the early morning compliment and respond with some sarcasm:
- Of Course. I have a shelve full of them at home. 
We both laugh, while waiting for the light to turn green and he continues: 
- I was wondering if I could get your number. Maybe we could get hammered together sometime. 
- Hummm... Interesting. You know, I am not a heavy drinker! (Hint, hint)
- Ohhhh. Too bad. I would love to get "shitface" with you and have lots of crazy wild sex. Can I have your number?
(At this point we are crossing the street and I do the "whoa" face while I look back at him. He continues: 
- You know, I am not the relationship kinda guy. Always looking for a "hookup". It seems like you have an awesome body... So... 
Already the other side of the street I stop. Look him in the eye, with a big smile on my face:
- Well, thank you for the compliment. But I am going to pass. I am not the type of women you are looking for. Although, I sincerely appreciate your honesty. Have a great day. 
He smiled, wished me a good day and we both went our separate ways.

You know, I can't stop but wonder how I wish most men where this honest. Plain and simple: "I just want to fuck you, are you interested?" Instead of leading us on, and on. It would save us - women, the silly over analyzers - a ton of time and energy. I am sure my girlfriends will vouch for me. We can handle the truth better than you think. And we wont necessarily throw a tantrum or pour your beer all over you. Most likely we will respond with a "thank you, but no thank you" and move on. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment