Pages

Monday 18 January 2016

Writting Skills!



So, today I have received an indirect work related complement that truly made me happy.
I have been in Vancouver for 8 years. And as you might know, English is not my first language. I went to University in Portugal, I wrote assignments and long, long papers in University… but all in Portuguese. Hence, my academic and professional written Portuguese was extremely advanced compared to my English. Which always made me a bit less confident about it, I confess. To improve my writing skills, I started reading books in English; I’ve attended business writing classes, grammar seminars at UBC, SFU, online. You name it! I have done as much as I could.
Today, one of the managers was going through a policies and procedures extensive guide I put together by myself, for scratch. She thought it had been written (or at least edited) by senior management before it reached her desk. It truly made me happy. Hard work, sooner or later pays off! J

No comments:

Post a Comment