Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

Different cultures, different approaches

So, the other day I wrote this post about the sexual harassment video below:



Today I came across this page, Identities.Mic . The video below shows a model and actress in Auckland, New Zealand recreating the same catwalk video from New York.

 




As you know, I am currently residing in Vancouver, Canada. Although I grew up in Lisbon, Portugal. This summer, a very good friend of mine from Vancouver came to spend 2 weeks in Lisbon with me. In June we have the "Lisbon Parties" (Festas Populares) where the entire city celebrates Sto Antonio and Sao Joao. There is music on the street, people everywhere drinking and enjoying themselves. One June 13th, Santo Antonio's Day after a nice stroll through Alfama  we went to Bairro da Bica
and spend several hours there dancing. Hundreds of people around us. Man, women, gay, lesbian, drunk, friends, acquaintances, people I have never seen in my entire life. Although around us there was mostly man. Lots of men. At least 20, I swear. After a bit, T holds my hand and pulls me to the side and wipers in my ear:
- Seren Dipity, I am so impressed. Look at the amount of gorgeous man around us and none of them tried to hump us or grabbed our ass. If this was in Van, they would be trying to hump us by now. 

That made me think... So much cultural diversity in Vancouver. True. But overall, men suck. They are disrespectful, tacky and their #1 goal is to fuck you. Period. No conversation. No charm. Zero charisma. And that is why I choose to be single. And, this is why they say Vancouver women are bitches. Well, over all men tend to behave quite similar to the man in the NY video. And if that is how you approach me, once again, you will not give you a single minute of my attention. Why? Because it's very disrespectful to approach a women and make her fell like a piece of meat. And if she has any values and self respect, she will realize it and politely tell you to fuck off. At least I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment